Friday 31 August 2012

What could have been

I feel a bit like Polo The Consequences has taken over my blog writing concentration in the last few weeks, and this is because I didn't think much interesting has happened... But this is not true, many things have happened not only to me but also to Arsenal!  I entered this transfer window with the knowledge that Arsene had already strengthened the squad with a few interesting characters, but without much hope that we would keep any of our main players.  Well that turned out to be true.  And I am reminded of this on a regular basis at work and by all my other Man U mates.

This post is about what could have been.  If Arsene had not sold and had brought the players I hoped he would buy over the last 10 years.


Van Persie        Podolski       


Nasri        Fabregas        Toure (Y)        Walcott


Cole        Vermaelen        Toure (K)        Sagna


Szczęsny


Subs: Reina, Clichy, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Song, Wilshire, Cazorla, Giroud


The only player I wanted was Yaya.  The rest are all ex-Arsenal.  I know the defense could be better, but it's still pretty strong, and when you have a midfield and attack of such amazingness they could cut open most teams better than Barca.  Well maybe anyway.  It is such a fuck-up that Wenger could not have got them all playing together, I'm sure if he had combined them all at the same time it would not be 7 years since our last trophey.

No comments:

Post a Comment