Tuesday 24 July 2012

Vodafone

So apparently if you don't do much exercise and eat a lot of food, you put on weight.  For the last 4 years I have spent almost 7 hours a day sat at my desk not moving very much and eating loads of food.  When I first started working I was going training 4 or 5 times a week, polo, football and climbing fairly regularly.  I think I was also traveling around Cardiff more on my bike and I was maintaining my weight between 12 and a half to 13 stone. 

I am still playing polo and football, and occassionally climbing, but it came as no shock when I weighed myself and I was over 14 stone.  I had noticed in the last few months that I was getting tired more quickly at football, but assumed it was because I hadn't eaten properly during the day or something.  And due to Helen moving in with me the scales had been hidden away (apparently women like to live in denial more than men).

This led to a drastic, unusual, and somewhat crazy idea... go on a diet.

The idea of the diet was simple, not to catch GDS (General Dynamics Syndrome).  This is a certified medical condition where if you work at GD, you get fat.  There are some people imune to this affliction, and it affects some more than others, but it is real, and it is a ticking timebomb.  My diagnosis was in, early signs of GDS.  Untreated, there are walking, talking future versions of myself in every corner of my building, all taunting me with what I will become.

The other factor in this diet is the competition with Rob.  His aim to get ripped, and he has 9 month program to get a 6-pack.  I also want a 6-pack, but I mainly want to be fitter and better at sport. 

Today it has been 5 weeks and 1 day since we started the diet, and I've lost 1 stone and 3 pounds, and now weigh 12 stone 12.  Not bad.

Anyway, today I received my new Vodafone sim card in the post, after being with O2 for the last 12 years.  I felt kind of bad, but ahh well, now I can 3G while I poop!

1 comment:

  1. Woop Woop. Six Pack challenge and I'm getting there slowly. Check out Gym The Consequences in the future!

    ReplyDelete